Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Spinach Pancakes My Way.

Raise your hand if you like spinach.

*me*

You, too?

Good.

You need to make my new favorite spinach side dish:


thawed and drained box of frozen chopped spinach
2 eggs
2 spoonfuls of whole wheat flour
paprika, salt, pepper
olive oil

Heat olive oil in heavy bottomed skillet on medium-high heat.
Mix remaining ingredients.
Spoon mixture into hot oil.
Flatten out mixture as thinly as possible.
Fry until golden brown on both sides.
Blot oil on an old ratty dishtowel.

My creative side envisions spinach pancakes serving the place of bread for a fancy breakfast sandwich. My hungry side eats them as soon as they hit the plate.

1 comment:

Laurin said...

Sounds pretty good. If you like zucchini, try these: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/07/cooking-with-ryan-zucchini-cakes/ It's a similar idea. Lennox even ate them (with ketchup of course)!