The blurb on AllRecipes calls this "the perfect meal".
Easy, cheap, healthy, delicious and versatile.
I prefer my black beans and rice rolled up in a warm corn tortilla with
chopped cilantro and cheddar cheese.
Too bad we don't have any cilantro and I am dairy free....
Black Beans and Rice My Way
1 cup brown rice
2 cans black beans
2.5 cups water/stock/broth
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium high heat.
2. Saute onions and garlic in hot oil until soft.
3. Add rice and spices and stir for one minute.
4. Add liquid. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce to simmer.
5. Do not open lid for at least 45 minutes.
6. Once the liquid is totally absorbed by the rice, stir in the rinsed and drained beans.