Monday, October 18, 2010

Salmon Cakes and Sauteed Cabbage.

This meal was a bit of a 
throwtogether.

Definitely 2 thumbs up.

Taylor and I both had seconds
and
Henry even picked at the salmon cakes
but
he preferred
big leaves of raw cabbage!


Salmon Cakes My Way

pack of pink salmon
1 egg
whatever veggies or herbs you have
wheat germ
spices

1.Mix ingredients, adding enough wheat germ to make it cohesive.
2. Shape into patties.
3.Cook in hot olive oil over medium high heat until golden brown.
*I used a grated and chopped carrot and a very sad and limp green bell pepper.
*I topped mine with tahini sometimes I mix mayo and lemon juice.

-------------------------------------------

Sauteed Cabbage My Way

cabbage
olive oil
salt and pepper

1. Slice cabbage into ribbons.
2. Saute cabbage in hot olive oil.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cover on low heat until cabbage is fork tender.

No comments: