Tuesday, February 1, 2011

a rainy morning staycation.

Just because I am a stay-at-home mama doesn't mean I stay at home all day long.

In fact, I loathe staying home all day long:
laundry taunts me, dishes taunt me, dirty bathroom taunts me, impending suppertime taunts me

I find it much easier to enjoy my children and my own life if we are busy during the day.

So we stay busy:
 playdates, the park, library story hour, frequent trips to Kroger and the thrift sore

But, today is different:
nasty rainy weather and a mama with a good attitude about the nasty rainy weather


Can you tell it's raining?
Those baby clothes have already been rained on once....
here's hoping the sun comes out before they mold on the line.



This little hiney is potty trained!
Let's just say everybody was much happier with potty time once I stopped stressing out about it.


Today we played, played, played rather than rush, rush, rush to get out of the house to somewhere better and more entertaining.  Henry also proved trustworthy only to use markers on the prescribed paper rather than:  himself, the table, the chair, the you name it he has marked on it in the past.


Imaginative play is Henry's new thing.  He rode around the house going "woo woo" for at least 15 minutes before the miracle of all miracles occurred --a fire truck drove by as he looked on.  
This was a big deal, people!


I have to admit this was one of the best mornings we've had in weeks.  
Maybe I should consider penciling in more morning staycations into my jampacked mental calendar...

4 comments:

Jude and Alisha said...

I spent your rainy day staycation on the road to Columbus, running in and out of 3 stores with a double stroller and a 2 year old carrying around a princess umbrella...

Yep. I'm insane.

Profe said...

Laura, that sounds like a great revelation as a mother. Those are great moments!

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Yes. Alisha. I believe that makes you insane. Yesterday was nasty.

Thanks, Jessie!

Christine said...

It's kind of amazing how much we can stress out over potty training.