Thursday, February 10, 2011

chlorine free shower filter.

Elizabeth at Aspiring Earth Mama is one of my new favorite bloggers.  The passion she feels for living naturally as possible is evident with every post and a visit to her blog guarantees me feeling the need to make changes in our household.  Her post about buying a chlorine filter for their shower intrigued me.  The thought of less irritation for Henry's ezcema and a hopeful cure for Taylor's relentless dry skin sounded good to me.  But reading about the possible harmful effects of chlorine on our bodies sealed the deal.  Luckily, Elizabeth already had the perfect product pinpointed, a Sprite shower filter available at Lowe's.  I have a feeling the Lowe's man who located the product for me thought I was a bit crazy when I let out a squeal of excitement when I saw the filter preinstalled in a new handheld shower wand....ours has been broken for months and in dire need of replacement....and it cost the same as a new non-filtered handheld shower wand!  Taylor installed the new shower wand that night and Henry christened our new cholorine free shower with a bath filled with water from the shower wand.

A week later:
Taylor's dry skin is better and Henry's ezcema butt is looking good.
My dandruff is gone.  Amen.
Henry's chicken bumps on his legs are nonexistant for the rest time in cold weather history.
My skin and hair is softer than ever before.

I'm pretty excited about this easy change and the positive impact in our lives.  Especially for Henry.  The key to preventing his eczema is keeping him off dairy but slipups are invariable and only well-moisturized skin can rebound quickly from an eczema flareup.  So keeping dry skin at bay is an all-important task at our house.

There it is.  We like our new chlorine free Sprite shower filter.  We like it a lot!

3 comments:

Mandi @ Living the Good Life said...

Awesome! and double awesome you found something 1. affordable and 2. available locally. We had the BEST Aquasana whole house water filter at our old house, but it has to be professionally installed/uninstalled, so we left it there. :( I keep meaning to get it back (Will's dad bought our old house) but just don't ever remember.

I need to check this shower one out!

Aspiring Foster Mama said...

Hey! Thanks so much for the shout out friend! Sprite better be sending us referral checks. :) So glad you guys are noticing as many benefits as we are! I would love to know who you found for bulk items too, so I can post on my blog for readers on that side of the country.

Bethany said...

This is GREAT! Thank you!