Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Odds and Ends.

Big Girl officially has two big girl teeth!  We are quite proud of her accomplishments and she is glad to show them to anyone willing to sit in the backseat of the car as she screams her little head off.  Otherwise, it's a crap shoot if you are lucky enough to see her new pearly whites.  I had some anxiety about these teeth but all is good in our nursing relationship.

Henry has developed a new mode of counting.  1.....2.....8!  One is one,  two is two and eight is any number greater than two.  Cute, huh?  He insists on reading 8 books at night and frequently asks for 8 pieces of baba.


I am not good at regiments.  My cloth diaper series weighs heavy on my mind because I don't like having to do something, even if it self-imposed.

My contest only has 17 entrants.  People?  Hello?  *tap tap*

I called my county's Early Intervention program today about getting Henry's speech evaluated.  He is speaking in complete sentences and knows every object under the sun but 80% of his words are only the first syllable and nothing more.  I'm a tad sensitive to speech issues since I received speech therapy for years and years.  I'm really hoping he qualifies for some services because he has been so slow in developing his oral language skills.  I'll update after his evaluation -- I know you will be on pins and needles...

Taylor is sweet.  I love him.  I'm feeling quite guilty about being mean to him when he pointed out that I left out the curry in my vegetable curry dish last night.  Sorry Tay, for trying to make you feel like you should be happy to eat curryless vegetable curry.

My mama friends and their little ducklings came to our house this morning for a wonderful playdate filled with the kids playing together with zero fussing.  I was thrilled to host because our house had gotten quite messy with random piles of stuff stacking up and I desperately needed a reason to clean up.


 I misplaced my camera battery charger for a few days.  I wasn't worried because I distinctly remembered putting it somewhere convenient so it would be super accessible the next time the battery needed charging.  The only problem was I had no idea where that convenient spot might be.  Yes, I am turning into my mother.  I was very pleased to finally locate it after having a dead camera for 3 days and yes, it was in a super convenient spot for recharging.

I am planning a trip to the thrift store tomorrow.  It is calling my name.  Laura Laura.  I have a feeling I am going to score big.  I'll be sure to update you.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, those pictures are super precious. What a beauty!

Curryless vegetable curry? I'm curious how you pull that off.

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Christine, cook a bunch of vegetables in a can of coconut milk without a single seasoning. I did add some Bragg's soy sauce because it seemed like it was 'missing something'....it had been a long day....

Lane said...

I also live in Starkville. What thrift store do you go to?

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Lane, I go to the Palmer Home Thrift Store by the bowling Alley on Hwy 12. It's super organized and all profits go to the Palmer Home in Columbus.

Profe said...

Liza is just absolutely beautiful. Beautiful! Great picture-taking Laura :)

The Greaby Family said...

Chad asks for 5 of everything. 5 waters, 5 more minutes, 5 cookies etc.... he does count to 10 correctly, but everything is in 5's!