We eat this for supper once a week.
Healthy, easy and cheap.
My food trinity.
Potato Tortilla My Way
*adapted from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian
3/4 cups of olive oil
6ish new potatoes, sliced
1 onion, sliced
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a oven friendly skillet.
3. Cook potatoes and onions until tender, about 15 minutes. Keep heat low enough so the onions cook but do not brown.
4. Add plenty of salt and pepper as the potatoes and onions cook.
5. Drain potatoes and onions, reserving oil for future use.
6. Beat eggs in a large bowl.
7. Stir in potatoes and onions.
8. Add egg mixture back to the skillet and cook on the stove over medium heat for 8 minutes, or until the eggs are no longer jiggly on the bottom.
9. Cook in the oven for 12 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
*I keep the drained olive oil in the fridge and use it in my homemade pizza crust.