Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy 6 weeks, Squishy Face Girl.

Happy 6 weeks old to
Little Baby Sister Girl!


We love you SO much!

You are still fantastically low-maintenance except for your intolerance to your mama consuming dairy products and the runny nose that you and Big Brother are passing back and forth.

And, yes, everywhere I go I am still getting comments about my b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. baby. I surely don't comment on a baby's adorableness unless it is an extra cute baby so I take this to mean that the general population of Mississippi thinks you are as cute as I think you are.

You enjoy being worn in the ring sling but you have been l.o.v.i.n.g. the swing the past few days. I don't know how long the love affair will last so I have been taking advantage of it!

I'm not sure how much other 6 week old babies sleep but you sleep a lot during the day.

I don't complain.

I also don't complain that you consistently sleep from 7:30pm until 3:30am every.single.night.
Newfound paranoia has me checking on you throughout the night and it is pointless to attempt to nurse you before you wake up on your own.

You like your sleep and I like you.

You love nakey time and show your happy face when I strip you down on the changing table.
For reasons unknown, I haven't submerged you in water for a real bath yet but you like your ragbaths. Maybe we will try a real bath soon. Maybe not.

There isn't much tummy time in the Dearman household due to a certain big brother. If you lay on the floor, he insists on laying next to you. If he lays next to you, he insists on showing "Lila" how he can roll around which inevitably means your head/belly/arms/legs get pinned down.

What can I say?
If you give a mouse a cookie...

I am still SO very very thankful for your gentle entrance into this world. Your birth had a profound affect on me and made me realize that I can do anything.

It's a good feeling and I have you to thank!

Thank you and Happy 6 Weeks on the outside!

2 comments:

The Callaways said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! I think my kids will be starting first grade with no hair!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already! I love little squishy Liza! And I love reading about she and Henry!!