Friday, November 18, 2011

1 confession and 4 thoughts

1.  I have a confession.  My VBAC post left me a bit gun shy.  It's one thing to get unsavory comments from strangers on the intrawebz but when the nastiest comment in my blog's history is from an in-real-life friend, it leaves me a bit shaky.  I'm left wondering if I am too abrasive with my opinions, via my mouth or my typing fingers.  My inner-monologue tells me that everybody has opinions, I'm just writing about mine thereby putting it all out there for the world, um, my friends, to read.....or not to read if they don't like what I have to write about.  Because, seriously, it's not like I actually spout these opinions to people's faces.  So, yeah.  I'm a bit conflicted.

2.  Which is why I am praising Mama Birth, yet again.  Her post about the 10 worst comments in her blog's history gave me some good perspective and of course, a few giggles, because I love Mama Birth and all of her strong opinions.

3.  We are on the first step to night weaning Liza.  Whenever she wakes up prior to me already being in bed, Mr. Messy soothes her back to sleep so I get to feel officially done after nursing her to sleep for the night.  Oh, wait.  She doesn't nurse to sleep anymore.  She now insists on falling asleep draped across my body without my hands on her.  A difficult feat as we rock in the glider.  It's only a matter of time until she rolls right off my lap and wakes up as she hits the floor.  It's going to be ugly.

4.  Henry is so cute.  As in, I really can't even stand it lately.  Some days, like yesterday, I think the day will never end because he is making me crazy with every action but days like today, I wish he would stay 3 forever.  Love him.

5.  Henry has been saying he wants another sister.....born "in the water" so she won't be dirty.  He is quick to tell me he doesn't like "those dirty babies".  Think we watch enough birth videos on YouTube?

7 comments:

...sarah. said...

I love that you watch birth videos with your kids! =)

Jen said...

one of my all-time favorite sayings (or quotes or words of wisdom or whatever) is this....

what other people think about you is none of your business.

so, keep on giving us your opinions...we love them. i get the same flack on a lot of my blog postings from friends but i don't let that slow me down one bit. You are full of goodness and i love what you write about. so, Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I say that it's your blog and so therefore you are entitled to post your opinion!! If someone doesn't agree, then they can just go read something else. And I believe it's ok for a reader to disagree, but they can do it tastefully, and not rudely. I think it would be a sad thing for you to be unsure about posting what you want on your own blog!!! So blog away- I enjoy reading what you post, and while I may not agree 100% with everything, I'm aware that not everyone is going to have the same beliefs I do- and that is OK!!!!

Ashley said...

I say, don't be gun shy - not that you know me, I'm just some creepy person that follows you :) I post a lot of very personal opinions on my blog, knowing full well that many of my friends and family follow it, that would not like half of the stuff I say. But, it's their choice to ready, it's my right to write.

And, about VBAC's. I have had one, and it was amazing. And, I am VERY anti-elective c-section. I think it's just a very sensitive subject. Knowing the emotional struggle that comes from having a c-section and making the scary decision to fight (everyone, including yourself) for a VBAC are both very overwhelming. It's easy to be talked into one, and hard to fight for the other. I think people just very very sensitive over the subjects of c-sections and VBAC's.

It should never push you away from your own beliefs and free speech though!

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Hmmm. I feel like I am missing some comments, including one I wrote.....

Sarah, we love birth videos! Henry demands animal births so I have to throw a baby into the mix to keep me happy too :)

Jen, thank you. I love reading your blog, too.

Anon, I feel the same way. It's been a surprise to me the way I have reacted to it all.....I suppose I really haven't thought about my real life friends reading my blog and thinking differently about me. I appreciate your thoughts.

Ashely, thank you!

Conservamom said...

We have to grow thick skin with writing blogs. These are the things that help us in our convictions :) If your heart tells you,you are right. Then you are and as hard as it can be to hear negative feedback from others we dust off and move on right? FWIW I love this blog! Glad I found it!

Mandi @ Living the Good Life said...

I feel ya ;) I have a hard time understanding this as well

I appreciate diversity amongst my friends and know that the reality is that we are all different and have different opinions and lifestyles. And that's fine! I value my friendships enough to honestly not care if even a major "thing" is different. I obviously wouldn't put my time and energy into those relationships otherwise. I don't want nor expect my friends to be JUST like me. How boring?!?!