Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hold her, I will - pt.II

You can never spoil a baby by holding her too much.

I want to do everything in my power to keep my baby happy at all times.


She hates naps and I know sleep is guaranteed in the Boba strapped to my back.

I love a long walk on a pretty day and she quickly gets unhappy in the stroller.


Floor time always ends with a baby in tears and in need of mama cuddles.

Henry is often very needy after his nap and I know Liza is safe and happy if she is strapped to my back.


I need two hands to prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner.

I love grocery shopping and I can't imagine having a good time with my baby stuck in the carseat crowding my buggy.


But, really, they aren't even important.
She wants to be held and hold her I will.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

I wish Madelyn would have let me carry her! She's much better now, but I had to hold her all the time. I tried a couple wraps, but she screamed.

Rebecca said...

what did you carry liza around in when she was a newborn?

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Rebecca, I used a Maya Wrap ring sling.

Anonymous said...

So Laura ... since you are the smartest baby-wearing-mama I know ... what would you recommend for me to use w/ the girl?? I want something easy and not too hot since it will be swealtering in Texas in a few months ...

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Oh, Becky, you know I love a compliment!

For new babies, I think ring slings or a stretchy wrap is the way to go. Either way, you are going to sweat..... Although, you could get a linen ring sling so it would be a bit more breathable.

I know there are plenty of tutorials online for making your own stretchy wrap like a Moby. Super cheap and as easy as getting a length of stretchy jersey and cutting it in half longways.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Laura ... Courtney's already making a ring sling out of a light weight cotton so hopefully that won't be too sweaty!!

Tori Higa said...

what a sweet post. :) i am reading it as i just nursed maile to sleep on my lap.