2. Blogger or Wordpress? It doesn't matter. Refer back to #1.
3. Worried about the blog name and URL? Don't be. Follow your instinct and own your decision.
4. Accept that your only readers will be your immediate family. Be okay with that.
5. Don't feel the need to write a novel for each post. A single picture makes a lovely blog post and you know your parents will love it.
6. Blog often. According to Google Reader, I publish 2.8 posts a week. I aim to blog at least every other day but some weeks are more conducive to blogging that others. Personally, if I clean a lot, I don't blog a lot. Let's just say my house is usually pretty messy.
7. Can't think of a post topic? Flip through the pictures on your camera. Post a picture and describe the day's event. Done.
8. Decide before your first post to use your kids' real names or to make up cutesy fake internet names. If I were to start my first blog today, the kids would be named Blueberry Boy, Cherry Girl and our non-existant baby would be Kiwi - collectively referred to as "my fruits". And, the blog name would be "Fruit of My Womb". Pretty damn cute if I say so myself! Laura, refer back to #3. Now.
9. No hurt feelings if nobody leaves comments. Not everyone understands that blog comments are the new hug. Hint. Hint.
10. Blog for yourself. Create a special place of your very own and relish in the fact that no small children can mess it up.
Do you blog?
Do you agree with my tips for starting out?