I've made this cake so many times I don't even need to look at the recipe to know the measurements.
It's that good.
I've used a bundt pan, a spring form pan for our pig cake, and made it into cupcakes.
Have I mentioned that it's really really good?
It's also the perfect recipe to not feel so bad about eating lots of chocolate cake because it has lots of zucchini and you can always justify cake with a garden fresh vegetable.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake My Way
1/2 cup Earth Spread butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup almond milk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini*
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Beat butter, oils and sugar in a mixer.
3. Beat eggs, vanilla and almond milk into sugar mixture.
4. Mix flour, cocoa, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl.
5. Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
6. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
7. Pour batter into a greased pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
* I've experimented with running the zucchini through the food processor rather than than taking the whole laborious 3 minutes of using a hand grater. The texture of the cake is much better with the grated zucchini and you have one less dish to wash. Always nice.