Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What's been going on?

We have been a busy family of three during the past few weeks. A few highlights of our past week....

1. Our friend, Jeremiah Dumas, is running for Alderman here in Starkville. If you happen to live in Ward 1, please vote for him. His Alderman Kick-Off party was last Friday night at Barrister's (can the name of a bar owned by a lawyer get any cheesier?) and it was quite fun. Yes, there was some politicking going on but I managed to stay away from all that as I chatted with friends, admired their kids, and drank a few beers. Where was Henry? Asleep in his stroller. What else would this baby be doing after 6pm? He sure does like to go to sleep early.......a perfect segue to my next bullet...

2. Just as much as this boy loves to go to sleep for the night super early, this boy surely hates to take naps during the day. Does he get so tired he can't function? Yes. Is he in his crib crying right now? Yes. How do I feel about his "crying it out" business? Like a total failure. Enough said. 20 minutes later: He never did cry himself out. Just how long is that suppose to take, anyway?? I finally nursed and rocked the poor little thing, again, and he is now finally asleep.

3. Back to more pleasant topics -- Saturday we went to Yazoo City to visit my grandparents. Henry was oohed and aahed over and we had a very nice visit.

4. Saturday night, Taylor's mom hosted an engagement party for Taylor's cousin, Austin. There was a great turn-out and it was a lovely function. However, I am still left to wonder about these people who prefer punch to wine.....

5. Sunday, I met with my friend, Maury, aka as my long lost friend I found at the Stuckey's in Hattiesburg. We had a great visit and it was good to reconnect with a childhood friend. I remembered just how much we have in common and we promised each other it wouldn't be another 6 years until we talked again.

6. I have lots of pictures to share but my computer is having issues uploading pictures. Typically, I would blame blogger but I have gathered some items to sell on Ebay and my pictures won't upload to that site either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Laura, since your computer won't let you share pictures with your friends and family just what is that little rugrat of yours doing these day?

At almost 7 months, Henry Meigs is ...........

1. crying, instead of napping
2. rolling everywhich direction until he gets stopped by a piece of furniture. If you are unfamiliar with my house, that means he doesn't get far.
3. sitting completely unsupported for as long as he wants to -- only falling over when a toy he desperately wants is out of his reach and he goes for it anyway.
4. riding and sitting up in the grocery cart. Kroger is his favorite place in the world.
5. pushing the button to make the music play on his crib toy.
6. wanting to crawl, but he ends up looking like he is swimming the butterfly with his arms and legs waving in the air.
7. still working on getting those top two teeth in. With the way his gums look, it surely can't be too much longer.
8. sleeping better at night, although this is still a night to night endeavor.
9. loving to watch other babies when we are at the Tiny Tots library program.

That, my friends, is everything that is going on my life. Now you know it all!

1 comment:

childsplay said...

and what about the update on the lead testing?