Thursday, October 23, 2008

One Year Ago





Before Henry was born, I would have been quick to say that completing the Nike Women's Half-Marathon was the best thing I had ever done. After raising $4,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, 18,000 women ran 13.1 miles through San Francisco. Joining a group of women who raised over $20million for such an incredible cause was an uplifting experience like no other I have ever experienced.

Hope, Emily Anne, and I had a great time in San Francisco. We literally shopped till we dropped after the race was over. Never before have I been so exhausted that I had to prop up my arm in order to look through clothes on a circular rack.

And, to think how much can change in a year. A year ago, I was dreaming about where Taylor and I would travel the next summer...would it be India, Europe or Machu Picchu? Baby Henry wasn't even a thought in our minds. And, who would have thought that Emily Anne and Cooper would get married and expect a baby boy in November?

It's also pretty funny to me that I had big plans to continue running....how many times I have been running in the past year? Not a one!!!















No comments: