Saturday, July 2, 2011

surfing.

Just sharing a few of my favorite links of the week:

Mama Birth's birth story of her 4th baby, a surprise unassisted birth!  I love the way she turns the story to the topic of midwifery at the end of the story. 

Mama Birth and her thoughts on eating her dehydrated placenta after the birth of baby #4.

Can you tell I love Mama Birth?  She is so very very real and funny.  I want to be her friend.

A HBA4C story from the ICAN blog.  HBA4C is code for homebirth after 4 (!) cesarean sections.  You can do it!

A Guggie Daily post about the "right" time to turn your child forward facing in the car.  I've been thinking about turning Henry forward when he turns 3 but this post was just the reminder I needed that no matter the age, rearfacing is always safest.

I feel like a free woman since I randomly made an appointment to chop off this mane I've been growing for two years to donate to Locks of Love.  I feel like myself again with my new short do!

Very excited about receiving my copy of " A Gift from Baby" from The Natural Child Project to review on OMML.  A book about babywearing, cosleeping and breastfeeding?  Sounds like just the right book for our collection!

And, last but not least, I can't stay away from Lynsey Stone's DWF Photography website.  Her birth photography is absolutely amazing and I love the way she links the mamas' birth stories to the photos.

What have you been reading this week?  Share your links!

No comments: