Thursday, February 2, 2012

An Even Five.

1.  Liza loves colors.  She is endlessly fascinated by repeating various color names.  However, she can not identify any colors on her own.  Her default used to be 'orange' but now she says things are 'blue', 'yellow' and 'pu-ple'.  It's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.

2.  I started oil pulling today.  As in right now.  I am currently swishing 1 tablespoon of sesame oil around in my mouth.  It is pretty much exhausting.  My poor jaws are about done and I'm only 7 minutes into my 20 minute devoted time block.  For those of you not in the know, kinda like me until just last night, oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic process of drawing toxins from your body pretty much curing you of all your ailments according to www.oilpulling.com.  If it's Ayurvedic, I believe it so we shall see how it goes. All I know at this point is that my jaws are weak and more tired by the second.

3.  Henry and I baked these oatmeal cookies tonight.  I made them dairy-free by using 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/2 cup palm shortening in lieu of the butter.  I also cut back the sugar by half a cup.  Delicious.  And, it makes a lot of cookies so I am planning on freezing the remaining dough for future use.  Okay.  I won't lie.  I'm sure I'll bake them tomorrow night.  Okay.  More like early tomorrow afternoon.

4.  My newest line of thought is centered around biological norms versus cultural norms.  Lots to think about.  Too much for a blog post.  More thinking is needed.

5.  I just went back to www.oilpullingwww.oilpulling.com.com to check on my tired jaws issue.  "If your jaw muscles get sore while swishing, you're putting too much into it. Relax your jaw muscles and use your tongue to help move the liquid around the inside of your mouth. When you do this correctly, you'll feel very comfortable. Pretty soon."  Good to know.    

No comments: