Thursday, April 16, 2009

Say what? 8 months already?

I am 8 months old today. My mama and daddy both had to think for a minute to decide if I was 3/4 of a year old or 2/3 of a year old but they quickly sorted through that 3rd grade math and realized that I am 2/3 of a year old today! Wow. I think that I can already hear my little bitty baby joints creaking with my old age.

Let me tell you what I have been up to lately:

** I live to stand up. Lately, I have been getting very brave and I try to grab a toy with both hands at the same time. 2 hands on the toy means no hands for balance. So, if nobody is holding on to me, I usually stand for about 3 seconds before I fall on my behind. Or my face. Or my head.

** I am still not eating ANY solids. My mama started googling and realized that I might need some help figuring out this whole solid food eating business. I now have a very sweet occupational therapist, Jamie, who is very patiently trying to make me believe that food is a wonderful thing. I haven't been convinced yet.

** I am teething like a maniac. There might be more than 4 teeth in my mouth but my mama isn't brave enough to stick her finger in my mouth long enough to explore and I still can't count. So, who knows?

** My new favorite chew toy is a metal coaster. My daddy doesn't think that I should chew on metal but my mama always gives it to me when he isn't around. I love it.

**I am also enjoying a little freedom with my walker from Great Aunt Cindy. Her grandbabies loved it and so do I. But, watch out! I get stuck under the table and love to pull down the kitchen chairs onto my head. I sure do wish someone would teach me how to back out of a corner.

**I keep hearing my mama talk about how tiny I am, but I am pretty sure that she has me mixed up with another baby. I completely fill out my 9 month footed sleepers and have been wearing lots of 6-12 and some 12 months summer clothes.

**Nighttime sleep is no longer my enemy. Now, I sleep 12 hours STRAIGHT at night.
Everynight. If I cry at night, I am back asleep in less than 3 minutes. Not bad for a reformed insomniac, huh?? Naps are a different matter. But, we won't touch that evil subject on this pleasantly themed post.
**My favorite thing to do during the day is swing on the front porch and watch all the cars, people, and dogs that go by our house. I like it almost as much as television that I get to watch at other people's houses!!!

3 comments:

The Dumas Clan said...

Look at that baby! So big, time flies when you are having fun for sure! Hope to see you guys today! Tell Lizbeth hey and I must hold Martha soon! love-HOPE

The Dumas Clan said...

Look at that baby! So big, time flies when you are having fun for sure! Hope to see you guys today! Tell Lizbeth hey and I must hold Martha soon! love-HOPE

Katie said...

He is adorable! How lucky are you that he now sleeps 12 hours a night?!