I've been in a bit of a funk lately and I have a feeling that explains my lack of verbiage of late. So, I figured I betting getting verbing. ha!
Now for the verbs. and nouns. and adjectives. and everything else that goes into sentences that my mushy brain can't even remember.
1. As previously posted, Henry is eating food. Let me put this in perspective for you... Between 6 months to 9 months, chicken boy gained less than one pound. In the past 3 weeks of eating, he has gained o.5 pounds. Nice, huh? Update: Since beginning this post, Henry woke up from his nap and just ate 7 bites from a spoon. in our house. fed by me. MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH!
2. It makes me depressed to live in a college town in the midst of the college neighborhood and not have a summertime tan. Superficial? Yes. Factual? Yes. I'm planning on crashing the Cotton District pool from now on but old Dan Camp will hurt my feeling when he makes me gather my child and all my belongings and leave because I don't live in one of his rentals.
3. Taylor has a new job and loves it. He might not say he loves it if you asked him about it. But, trust me, he loves it. It's always good to have a job that actually uses all your fancy college degrees, that helps an underserved population and that you don't have to wear a uniform in order to follow dresscode. Taylor is moving on up in the world....no more uniforms!
4. I've ordered a refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner. This is a monumental event for me. Who ever thought I would be excited about a vacuum cleaner? But, I am really really really excited. Best of all? It's pink. Yes, my vacuum cleaner will join the ranks of my pink laptop and pink cell phone. Just you wait for a future post dedicated to the pink loves of my life. Actually, the pink cell phone is the crappiest phone I've ever had. But, I do really like that it is such a pretty shade of pink and that helps alot.
5.Yesterday was good. I was social for the first time in a while. Unless you count going to the Palmer Home Thrift Store, Kroger, and Henry's OT appointments as being social.... So, yesterday was good. We went swimming at a friend's pool. Once Hope dutifully posts the beautiful pictures of my child on her blog, I will post them for you to see. It was good to be around my friends and watch their children play together. It had been too long without a good visit and I really needed it. Then, a friend and his new fiancee came to our house for dinner. Since they don't know this blog exists, I will tell you how nice it was to be around a couple newly in love. They held hands on top of the table and gazed lovingly into each other's eyes. Every sentence started with "we..." It was cute. I liked it.
6. I believe that is all the verbing my brain is up for today. Thank you for reading.