Henry is 10 months old today. He has grown and developed so much in just the past week. Sometimes it makes me sad that he will never be my little baby again but a while back Taylor told me that as long as he is our son, he will always be our baby. awwwwww. sweet.....
- He started officially crawling about 4 days ago. Visiting Lizbeth and David, he practiced on his hands and knees but he is officially independently mobile now. And, into everything....
- But, he still prefers to stand and cruise on the furniture. He can pull up on anything and everything. Just yesterday, he started taking steps on his own once I pushed the coffee table farther away from the couch. He took steps between Taylor and me and on the way to his toys. It won't be long till he walks. And, I have a feeling that running won't be long to follow. He already seems to be in such a hurry.
- Henry loves being around other little children. At the Tiny Tots library program, he kissed (leans into your face with his mouth wide open) another little boy on the cheek. It was precious!!!
- Eating is going well. His favorites are bananas, processed cheese, and cooked apple pieces with cinnamon. We are finger fooding it all the way. He has gotten quite good at the pincer grasp.
- He is still going to OT twice a week. This is definitely one of the highlights of Henry's days. He loves Jamie and he even loves the spoon when it is in her hand. She has been a miracle worker for our family!!!
- Speaking of miracle workers, we are working on baby signs. All day long, I sign 'more (Henry's sign for more is banging on the table with his hand, not so polite if you ask me...), outside, fan, please, thank you, and all done.' We've been signing for a few weeks now and I really feel that once the first sign clicks he will be a little signing sponge.
- He is finally babbling. Yesterday, Taylor woke me up with the news that Henry is speaking French. Apparently 'a ba, a ba, a ba' is French. ha! He said ba, ba, ba all day long -- happily when he was happy and angrily when he was angry. His little voice is so sweet. So, of course I am saying 'mama' even more to him now. To which he responds, "ba?"
- Henry is becoming a daddy's boy more and more by the day. This is no surprise because Taylor is a pretty fun baby's daddy. He plays nonstop with Henry. Apparently, Henry LOVES it when Taylor tracks down roaches (thankfully, I wasn't there for that event) so now Taylor crawls around 'hunting things.'
- My mother was so relieved to hear that he is finally playing peek-a-boo with blankets. Apparently, her children were far more advanced than her grandson in the peek-a-boo department.
10 months? wow.