Friday, October 7, 2011

Positively Itchy.

If I were a perfect parent, I would always:

1.  Talk "to" my kids, rather than talk "at" them.
2.  Say what I mean and mean what I say.
3.  Get off my butt and get on my kids' level when I correct misbehavior.
4.  Remember they are so little and the babies I love so much.


I'm certainly not a perfect parent.

Daily, I struggle with the most basic tenants of positive parenting ....um.... especially a few days ago when I was bound and determined for Liza's fall and winter clothes to be nice and organized, come hell or highwater, screaming kids or tantrums on the floor.


So yeah.

 If you know me in real life or if you are a casual reader of OMML, you are perfectly aware of my struggle with balance just like every other mama out there.


But, I was seriously itching to dispense some basic parenting advice today at the pumpkin patch.

Thankfully, we managed a quick getaway from the corn box and the mama calling out her empty threats from the bench with the lure of a lunch packed in a dinosaur lunchbox and a picnic table with friends.


Now, the only itch that remains is our itchy ankles from our day at the farm.

Seriously.

This latest itch is quite concerning...

No comments: